Here are the steps to convert Adobe Digital Edition documents to PDF files that are readable in normal PDF readers. The method uses PCCrypto and IneptPDF and is not my own but had been successfully tested and used by many others. The instruction are for the PC.
1. Python 2.71 (http://www.python.org/download/)
2. PCCrypto 2.1 (http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pycrypto)
3. Inept Key Retrieval 5 (http://pastie.org/1030386)
4. Inept PDF Decrypter 8.4.50 (http://pastebin.com/KQUAKXLT)
5. PyWin Extension (Win32API module) (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/)
Steps to Convert Adobe Digital Edition to PDF
a. Download Python 2.7.1 Windows Installer and install it
b. Download PyCrypto 2.1 for 32bit Windows and Python 2.7 (.zip) and install it.
c. Download and install the latest build of PyWin Extension (214 or later)
d. Download the Inept Key Retrieval 5 script and save this script file as ineptkey.pyw on your Desktop and double-click on it to run it. It will create a file named adeptkey.der. This is your ADEPT user key.
e. Download the Inept PDF Decrypter 8.4.50 script and save it as ineptpdf8.4.50.pyw on your Desktop.
f. Double click on ineptpdf8.4.50.pyw to run it.
g. Fill in your ADEPT key, location of your Adobe Digital Edition pdf input file and name of your output pdf file name. Then click Decrypt.
h. You’re done!